Monday, January 29, 2007

Magick for Manic Monday


Well, I just couldn't resist the invitation from the wonderful Morgan, but I insist on adding some magick to the mania. (thanks to Janna for the wonderful banners!) Ok, here we go:


CRUISING

As in cruising for a bruising
Oh, this is not a good idea and you must be sure to carry an amulet for protection when cruising in dangerous circles. I suggest a pouch stuffed with lavender and sage to keep you safe from rage. You can also wear a pentagram and learn the arts of the warrior ram.

Or..if you are cruising about on the streets or in public areas in search of a sexual partner, well, that's easy ~ carry some dried mint leaves and orange peel in your pants pocket. You can even suck on an orange/mint Ricola to bring some fast paced sexy action your way!

Now if you are cruising as in
a pleasure voyage on a ship, usually with stops at various ports, well now we're talking! (By the way, Morgan's description of his cruise down the Nile sounded so delightful, didn't it?!) Drink some mugwort tea to protect you at sea and carry a piece of Aventurine ~ this gemstone is green ~ stops danger unforeseen and keeps one serene. Aventurine protects from all ills and one of the frills is that it also brings thrills!
*recipes from The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients by Lexa Roséan




thanks for cruising by my blog :) Click here to see pics of my cruise on the Aegean last summer!









Links to other Manic Monday Minions:


10 comments:

Barb said...

I'm first! I could maybe use some potions made up!

Lexa Roséan said...

Just let me know what you need Skittles!

katherine. said...

serene thrills? smile

thanks for surfing by,

Unknown said...

How cool is this? Carry "dried mint leaves and orange peel in your pants pocket" - I have to tell this to my friend Jens when he is on his gay cruising... or Ricola... and: a condom =)

Lexa Roséan said...

hahaha the gay boys in the West Village have been singing "RICOLAAAA" for years now whenever they see a cute boy coming down Christopher St. A few of the guys told me it became a kind of code word after my book The Supermarket Sorceress came out. And a CONDOM! absolutely!!!

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Oh, so well done!

This MMM meme is great and it is so much fun to read everyone else's interpretation.

Thanks for visiting and commenting :)

Janna said...

I love Green Aventurine!
It's one of my favorites. :)
That lovely green color is just so soothing and peaceful... and I love the little tiny sparkly bits in it if you look really closely while turning it in the light.
Beautiful. I have blue and peach aventurine too, but the green is my favorite.
Thanks for doing a Manic Monday post! :)

Now if only I could find some orange mint Ricola around here....

Mo and The Purries said...

Lexa, Thanks so much for participating in our first Manic Monday!
And as soon as I read about green adventurine, I thought of Janna-- then I see she's already been here!
She and I will have to split a bag of Ricola!
Thanks for a fun post!
mo

Lexa Roséan said...

Hey Mo and Janna
you two make a great team and thanks for the inspiration, the topic, and the banners! Now I'll be thinking of you two whenever I see aventurine or Ricolaaaaa! :)

Nathalie said...

I really like your blog. I used to be into wicca for over 9 years, but recently quit my online wiccagroup to find out if there were other roads for me to follow (I had this restless feeling inside) Buddhisme has certainly caught my attention, though I still feel very strongly for wicca and witchcraft (and I do miss my friends at the group at times).
I enjoy reading here, although I'm still not sure what path I should follow (or if I have to follow a single path at all).