Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thirteen Witchy Films TT#7

Here are 13 of Witch Dr's favorite witchy films along with movie quotes. All have either won or been nominated for an award. Enjoy the Oscars this weekend!

1 Bell Book and Candle
1958 Oscar
Queenie:: I sit in the subway sometimes, on buses, or the movies, and I look at the people next to me and I think..."What would you say if I told you I was a witch?

2 The Wicker Man
1973 Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Films
Sergeant Howie: But they are... a-are naked!
Lord Summerisle: Well, naturally. It's much too dangerous to jump through fire with their clothes on.

3 Rosemary's Baby
1968 Oscar
Rosemary Woodhouse: Witches... All of them witches!

4 I Married a Witch
1942 Oscar
Jennifer: 'Twould be nice to have lips... lips to whisper lies... lips to kiss man and make him suffer. Father, why cannot I have lips, and eyes, and hair?

5 The Witches of EastWick
1987 Oscar
Daryl Van Horne: Men are such cocksuckers aren't they? You don't have to answer that. It's true. They're scared. Their dicks get limp when confronted by a woman of obvious power and what do they do about it? Call them witches, burn them, torture them, until every woman is afraid. Afraid of herself... afraid of men... and all for what? Fear of losing their hard-on.

6 The Crucible
1996 Oscar
Mary Warren: Witchin's a hangin' error in Salem, like they done in Boston two year ago!

7 The Wizard of Oz
1939 Oscar
Glinda, the Good Witch of the North: You have no power here! Now begone, before somebody drops a house on you!
Wicked Witch of the West: [as she is melting away] Ohhhhh... What a world! What a world!

8 Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
1997 GLAAD Media Award
Minerva: To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.

9 The Mists of Avalon
2001 Emmy/Golden Globe
[Arthur is trapped in a burning house during a Saxon seige]
Arthur: I call on the powers of Heaven and Earth, aid me now! I call upon the God of Heaven, and the Goddess of the Earth, help me now!
Viviane: You call upon the God, and the Goddess? It is the Goddess who answers.

10 Chocolat
2000 Oscar
Vianne Rocher: [to the Comte de Reynaud] Ah, good morning. Can I interest you in some nipples of Venus?

11 Practical Magic
1998 American Comedy Award
Sally Owens: And I don't want them dancing naked under the full moon!
Aunt Jet Owens: No, of course. The nudity is entirely optional. As you well remember!

12 Angel Heart
1987 Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Films
Harry Angel: "Louis Cyphere"... "Lucifer". Even your NAME is a dime store joke.
Louis Cyphere: "Mephistopheles" is SUCH a mouthful in Manhattan.

13 Tempest
1982 Golden Globe
Phillip Dimitrius: Show me the magic!

Please leave a comment and add your favorite witchy film!
Technorati Tag:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this list and your reviews of the movies. Most of them I've seen, but have forgotten about. Good job.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

the only one i saw was rosemary's baby and it scared the snot out of me honey! ha ha

smiles, bee

Raggedy said...

Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Anonymous said...

My favorites are among your list. I very much enjoyed most of those films and the quotes take me back. Although I don't remember the line from Witches Of Eastwick but now have it posted on my MSN. Classic Jack, thanks for the list Lexa.

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

Fantastic list and great movies!
I hope that Thursday Thirteen doesn't go away. I contacted Leanne and I'm determined to rescue the thirteen if I can!

Mo and The Purries said...

This is a great list, including some of my favorites - but you know, I've never seen Bell, Book and Candle. I will have to look that one up!
Oh, and the original Wicker Man -- what a strange little film! I did NOT see the new one, however.
Thanks!
mo
It’s A Blog Eat Blog World

Lexa Roséan said...

thanks all for your comments. and Mo, you really should check out Bell, Book, and Candle. The whole movie is a metaphor or rather a coded Hollywood message about being gay. And the Wicker Man, wow, I don't know many others who saw the original! I never saw the remake either.

Well, I guess I'll have to do some surfing around to find out what's going on. I had no idea T13 was coming to an end. Please anyone with info, let me know what we can do to keep it going. thanx.

Lexa Roséan said...

thanks all for your comments. and Mo, you really should check out Bell, Book, and Candle. The whole movie is a metaphor or rather a coded Hollywood message about being gay. And the Wicker Man, wow, I don't know many others who saw the original! I never saw the remake either.

Well, I guess I'll have to do some surfing around to find out what's going on. I had no idea T13 was coming to an end. Please anyone with info, let me know what we can do to keep it going. thanx.

Tink said...

Great movies! I love the original Wicker Man too. :-)
I hope this won't be our last TT... Mine shows 13 pics of me.

Anonymous said...

I have not seen a lot of these. I loved Chocolat.