Sunday, February 04, 2007

I'm sorry - It's Manic Monday and I just had an Aunt Clara Moment




Dear Witch Dr.
I need a spell to stop DRIFTING. My mind is always out the window and I just can't focus on ANYTHING! I did really poorly on a test yesterday and I'm afraid my boss is going to let me go if I don't start paying attention to my work. Boy if I get fired and flunk out of school, then I'll really be a DRIFTER! I'm sure you get my drift and any help you can give will be appreciated before I DRIFT away.
thanks
Daffy DRIFTS

Dear DD
It sounds like you need some CONCENTRATION powder!
Mix equal parts:

patchouli leaves
brick dust
and o damn - it's late now and my own mind is starting to DRIFT.
I'll get back to you with the last ingredient tomorrow!

Links to other Manic Monday Minions:

7 comments:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Very nice! Bet we won't see that anywhere else. Great idea!

Gattina said...

As long as your two "I's" are not drifting apart it's OK ! While you are now nicely sleeping in your little bed, I just started drinking coffee and whirling around !

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

just drifted in here to see....

smiles, bee

Elaine said...

Eeesh, Daffy Drifts sounds like me! Good post!

Mo and The Purries said...

I've not seen "brick dust" in a spell before - I'm I being naive or is it really just ground bits of brick?
Thanks for this great post on drifting -- I love your phrase "an aunt clara moment" Ha! I love a witch with a great sense of humor!

~ Manic Mo

Lexa Roséan said...

Yes, Mo you are correct. The easiest way to obtain brick dust is to scrape a brick with a knife or sharp tool. You don't need a lot a little dab 'll do ya!

Lexa Roséan said...

Yes, Mo you are correct. The easiest way to obtain brick dust is to scrape a brick with a knife or sharp tool. You don't need a lot a little dab 'll do ya!