Monday, September 18, 2006

Miss Virginia Asks...

Dear Lexa,

I have some deep concerns. As a psychic, how do you feel about ethics? I grew up believing in humankind knowing that by nature we have good and bad within ourselves. Whenever people are mean to me, I put forward my zen attitude because hurting people isn't what I was taught to do. I wish that those who are calling themselves psychics and let themselves entangled into the world of Maya, realise as soon as possible that the divine is far from being a money-making business, as souls have no price...
The Creator never charged a soul at birth (or before creation), as what you are receiving is a gift. It is up to you to decide for the price you want to ask a client, but I do believe that money can have such a negative impact on people above all in the psychic world. I do know what I am talking about, it almost cost me my life, when I decided to be in contact with a psychic.

Dear Miss Virginia,

I am so sorry to hear of your negative experience. You must be very careful about the psychics you entrust with your soul. Only last month, I found myself giving a second opinion to a very distraught woman who had a negative experience just as you describe. I was working a party and there was another psychic across the room who told her that someone in her family would get cancer or have a heart attack soon. This information had come completely unsolicited. Needless to say, I was pissed as hell, at having to undo this wrong. Firstly, because I was now going to have to look into an area that this woman did not want to see to begin with. And mostly, because it had been a long night, and now I was off the clock, doing this on my own time and I wanted to rest and go home! After reluctantly laying the cards, I saw asthma or emphysema but I also saw that this was a known condition of someone she loved and was not likely to get better or worse any time soon. She confirmed that her father had emphysema, and this reading seemed to put her mind at rest.

I have a very strong feeling about ethics and I caution you to beware of those practicing psychic manipulation. A true psychic is bound by oath to be RESPONSIBLE in how s/he disseminates information. It must be useful and helpful to the questioner and MORE IMPORTANTLY, as Witches, we must ask supernal permission for the prophecies. Lest we forget the lesson of the Scottish play, Act III Scene V, (although the scene is often cut from productions!) in which the Goddess Hecate, Queen of the Witches and ruler of the divinatory arts scolds her wards, the witches three.
Thunder.
Enter the three Witches, meeting HECATE.
1Witch:
Why, how now, Hecate! you look angerly.
Hecate:
Have I not reason, beldams as you are saucy and overbold?

How did you dare to trade and traffic with M******
In riddles and affairs of death;
And I, the mistress of your charms,
The close contriver of all harms,
Was never call'd to bear my part,
Or show the glory of our art?

One must never foretell the future without asking Her permission. There are also other gods and goddesses who rule this art. Artemis, Apollo, Hermes Trismegistus, and Fortuna, just to name a few. A good psychic will also invoke the guardian angels of the questioner as well as her or his own.

Now, let's talk money. There is a a long standing tradition, that one should not charge for the teachings of Wicca. This specifically refers to the knowledge that prepares one for initiation and does not include any craftmanship of occult items or services such as psychic tarot or astrology readings. The great occultist, Aleister Crowley, had some very strong and foul words against those who charged for the magickal arts. The truth is:
a) He charged for his lectures and ceremonies and
b) He was a trust fund baby!
So you know what - I don't want to even hear about it! I personally think it is fair for a psychic or any other spiritual counselor to charge a fee. However, they must be up front about the money that is being charged with no hidden clauses. (Beware the $2 reading from the gypsy storefront that ends up costing you your life savings!)

In ancient times, tribal communities took very good care of their shamans. They provided the holy ones among them with the best of the hunt and the harvest, luxury teepees and condo caves. Monks are given monestaries and modern day Rabbis usually have a very nice house included with their salaries. Psychics, like everybody else, have to eat! They need food and they need shelter and money is no more than a form of energy which is exchanged for other kinds of energy. Through money, the psychic can pay the bills and be nurtured, and therefore be free to do his or her work without stress.

Now one last thing, Miss V, and I know this is not very Zen of me, but I just need to play the Devil's Advocate here. Who told you that souls have no price?! Honey, that is absolutely not true! Just ask Al Pacino and Keanu Reeves. And what's this business about the Creator never charged a soul at birth (or before creation)? Have you checked out the prices for AI, ART, IVF, ZIFT, AND GIFT? None of that's a gift girl, it's damn expensive! Fertility is a booming business, which reminds me, I've got a whopper of a spell for conception and it'll cost you next to nothing in comparison...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you met a messenger from the goddess would you listen to them? Would you be able to know them? I always felt that the goddess sometimes comes to the earth? Do you think that? Do you think she sends messengers? Who do you think they were an who do you think they are?

Lexa Roséan said...

These are good questions and would probably take a whole book to answer, but for now, in response to "I always felt that the goddess sometimes comes to the earth? Do you think that? Do you think she sends messengers?"

The GODDESS is the EARTH and She sends more packages and MESSAGES than FedEx and MSN combined!!! We need to listen up and take some ecologically sound moves as individuals, a nation, and a world. (For more info on that, click HERE

The Goddess is constantly speaking through humans, animals, and spirit guides. Her messages come in many forms: teachings, writings, initiations, art, creativity, friendship, love, warnings, and protective acts.

The Goddess has sent many messengers. I think John Lennon was one. And
Martin Luther King. Al Gore, Margaret Sanger, Mary Daly, Judi Bari, Starhawk,
Irshad Manji, and a host of others. The Goddess is constantly calling upon us to deliver Her messages. I had the supreme honor to serve as Coven Oracle for 13 years. It was amazing to feel Her presence and have her channel Her words through me. Ask any Priestess who has experienced the Drawing down of the Moon and she will tell you, the messages are for REAL!

Well, there's a start on answers to these questions. Thanks for your thoughts. -Lexa