It is believed that on Friday the 13th...
1. Eve tempted Adam with forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden (which is why the day is unlucky for men).
2. Cain killed his brother Abel on a Friday. (unlucky for siblings.)
3.. Noah's Ark set sail into the great flood (which is why the day has become unlucky for sailors).
4.. G-d toppled the Tower of Babel and caused men to speak in different tongues (which is why people get scared and confused and have trouble communicating on this day.)
5.. The Temple of Solomon was destroyed. (a day of bad luck for Jews).
6. Judas was the thirteenth guest at the Last Supper and
7. Christ died on the cross that same Friday. (a day of bad luck for Christians.)
8. Friday was originally sacred to the Fertility Goddess Frigga or Freya. When the Norse and Germanic tribes converted to Christianity, the Goddess was banished to a mountaintop and called a witch. It is said that every Friday she met with 11 other witches and the Devil (a total of 13) to plan ill fated events for the week ahead for the people who had abandoned worship of her. (bad luck for ex pagans!)
9. Fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia.
10. In Greece, Spain, and Argentina, Not Friday but Tuesday the 13th is believed to be bad luck.
En martes, ni te cases ni te embarques, ni de tu familia te apartes. (on Tuesday, don't get married, don't start a journey, and don't separate yourself from your family).
11. On Friday, October 13, 1307, agents of King Philip IV began arresting the Knights Templar.
12. There are more traffic accidents on Friday the 13th and billions are lost in business because of superstition.
13. Friday the 13th is lucky for the WITCH :) and that luck can rub off so say hi to your local witch today and bring some good luck your way. Can't find a lucky witch to nuzzle up to? Ok, then press some cinnamon powder between your palms for good luck and chew on a bay leaf for protection and to ward off ill will. Drink Earl Grey tea (contains the sacred herb of Bergamot) for safety in travel.
Blessings and happy Friday the 13th!