Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Accentuate the Positive

HI Lexa

I am a huge fan. I have read all your books! I am looking for a way to decrease all the negativity and increase the positive in my life. I like to think that I am a good person, and I continue to get caught in the negative energy of others. I am looking for a powerful way to change this for myself and those I love.

Thanks Kristi


Hey Kristi
Funny enuf, I'm in a bit of a funk now as I find the time to reply to your email. You know it's often difficult to escape the negativity in life. From others and mostly from within ourselves. I think one of the most powerful ways to change this is to pass through the negativity for when we ignore it, or pretend it isn't there, it grows even larger. If you find yourself getting "caught" in the negativity of others, that probably means you are holding on to their negativity. In the words of Jesus: "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you." (Matthew 5:44) Hard as that may sound Babe, you've got to let go of things and keep movin!

In the Wicca, the journey through the abyss is part of the second degree initiation in which we learn about the dark side of human nature. We must pass through the abyss in order to re emerge in the light.

In the Kabbalah, one of the 72 names of G-d is meditated upon to eliminate negativity.
The name is read (or scanned) from right to left and the letters are:
AYIN LAMED MEM
עלם

In the mystical Sufi tradtion, there are 99 names of The Almighty (Allah) and the Name As-Salam is chanted or invoked to give peace and immunity from all negativity and distress.

In the Wicca, we shield by using mirroring techniques to ward off the negativity of others. Salt water baths are taken or smudging is done with sage to clear negativity from our own auras and homes.

Last but not least - I offer up the song (below) because I believe it offers just about the best magickal advice around. Always remember to ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This comment does not pertain to this post:

I just wanted to let you know I'm adding both of your blog links now, and I also got a new template/back from vacation, so I'll be pumping out new posts everyday.